There’s nothing like a hand-crafted margarita. You can skip all of those sugar-sweet, fake margarita mixes, and make up your own with a few whole ingredients. In my version of Muddled Strawberry Lemon Agave Margarita, I include just 4 ingredients: fresh strawberries and lemons, agave syrup, and silver tequila—oh and ice cubes. That’s it. When you muddle the strawberries, you leave some of that delicious texture of the strawberries intact.
This recipe is ideal for featuring fresh strawberries when they are in season. Plus, it’s just so pretty served in a mason jar! I used a cinnamon sugar rim on my margarita glasses, but this is an optional step. Make up a pitcher of these fruit drinks at your next party. Cheers!
Skip those sugar-sweet, fake margarita mixes, and make up your own with just four whole ingredients: fresh strawberries and lemons, agave syrup, and silver tequila—oh and ice cubes.
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- ½ cup silver tequila
- Ice cubes
Cinnamon Sugar Rim (optional):
- Place sliced strawberries in a shaker container or pitcher.
- Muddle with a muddler or masher to mash the berries, but do not liquify them.
- Add lemon juice, agave syrup, and silver tequila.
- Add a few ice cubes to the container and shake or mix well.
- If desired, rim the glasses with cinnamon sugar. Run a sliced lemon along the edge of the glass to moisten it. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small dish. Dip the rim of the glasses in the mixture and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Fill the glasses with ice cubes and add the margaritas to the glass. Makes two large servings (about 1 1/4 cups per serving) or four small servings (about 2/3 cup per serving)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
Keywords: margarita, strawberry margarita, alcoholic beverage, alcohol drink
For other lighter cocktail recipes check out some of my favorites:
Cucumber Herb Champagne Sparkler
Rosé Sangria Sparkler
Light Aperol Spritz
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information click here.